Because The Thai Meteorological Department (TMD) needs the improvement of wind-wave prediction and the ocean current prediction in the Gulf of Thailand and Andaman Sea to be more efficiency. Including the improvement of ocean disaster warning systems just like storm surge and tsunami warning system, to prevent and avoid the damage from ocean disaster for marine ship, fishing boat, traveler, people who live nearshore and oil rigs, etc. So this ocean meteorological disaster warning system was created.
The project proposals
1. Build the marine meteorological database, with the data collected from remote-sensing network technology as Automatic weather stations and HF radars.
2. Distribute news and create the back up for marine meteorological data.
3. Improve the weather prediction, wind-wave prediction and the ocean current in the Gulf of Thailand and Andaman Sea to suit the Thailand's region.
4. Forecast the weather and wind-wave along the track of fishing boat and marine ship.
5. Cooperate with other government agencies and academic institutions in research and study of oceanography and marine meteorology such as wind driven wave and storm surge.
6. Using the marine meteorological data for manage, develop and conserve the natural resources.
7. Disseminate news, information and technology of marine meteorology for more development and management of natural resources.
Copyright 2012 Thai Marine Meteorological Center. Best Screen Solution is 1024x800 Pixels for Wide Screen or 1024x960 Pixels for Normal Screen